Are you tired of waking up with a dry mouth, stuffy nose or feeling like your skin has been sucked dry? Enter, humidifiers! But before you turn on this misty magic machine at bedtime and jump into bed ready for some zzz's, ask yourself the question; is it safe to leave humidifiers on overnight?
Let's dive (pun intended)right in.
What is a Humidifier?
Before we get into whether they should be left running while we sleep or not—it’s essential first to know what exactly a humidifier is.
A simple way to describe it would be as an appliance that adds moisture content to the air inside any given room or space.
Now there are different types of this apparatus – cool-mist and warm-mist – each having its own set of benefits.
Cool-Mist Vs Warm-Mist
Cool-mists are perfect for use in warmer settings since they produce cooler vapor than their warm counterparts. They can also come in either evaporative models (use filter wicks), ultrasonic versions (vibrating plates) or impeller designs (rotary discs).
On the other hand, warm mist machines primarily function by warming water through heating elements before releasing them into the air around you. The warmth makes them ideal during colder months since breathing in this type of mist can create relief from symptoms such as coughs and sore throats.
Should You Sleep With A Humidifier Running All Night Long?
Yes, Yes , Yes…..OK wait!! While there might be benefits galore when sleeping with one on all night long,IS IT SAFE? Keeping these niche level machines operational throughout slumber hours brings with it potential risks that only become apparent after taking proper safety precautions.
Thus said-You will need not worry about leaving a modern-day unit turned-on whilst in bed since they come with safety features like automatic shut-offs once it runs out of water.
However, leaving one running overnight does require a couple precautions to prevent any potential home mishaps while getting some well-deserved sleep.
Safety Precautions Before Sleeping With Your Humidifier ON
Here are a couple things that you can easily do to reduce the potential risks related your humidifier:
- Choose The Right Spot: It’s essential first to place your device on an even surface away from any obstacles such as curtains or other flammable items.
- Clean It Regularly: Ensure to maintain the unit by cleaning it thoroughly after every use and don't leave any stagnant water behind that fungus could grow in
- Don't Overdo It: Only run them when needed rather than just for fun,as excess moisture content can also cause mildew which won’t be good news.
What Happens When You Sleep With A Humidifier On?
As mentioned earlier, there is no harm sleeping with your humidifier turned-on at bedtime!!
But here's what happens if you end-up doing so without implementing proper safety measures:
- Mold And Bacteria Growth - Without regularly cleaning the machine, foam-like substances may develop inside leading towards bacterial infections upon inhalation.
- Respiratory Problems – Running these appliances continuously through evening hours increases the buildup of allergens leading towards respiratory problems during slumber hours
- Electrical Risk – Combining liquids and electricity brings dangerous electric shocks anomalies into play especially if devices aren’t having auto-shutoffs or are left unattended.
Despite all this terrible news-there is still light at the end of proverbial tunnel- Here are three lesser-known benefits of using a humidifier whilst catching that crucial 40 winks:
Lesser-Known Benefits Of Using A Humidifier In Your Bedroom While You SLEEP
They promote better skin
It's an often overlooked benefit, but moist air can help give your skin some extra hydration – leading to a better complexion!
Humidifiers Create A Relaxing Atmosphere:
let’s face it—a calming sleep environment is essential for getting maximum amounts of rest. With the ability to make a space feel cozy and comfortable overnight running humidifiers create just that.
They Help with Pet Allergies:
Pet allergies are common during sleep hours (maybe), But having the added moisture thanks to these machines in air curbs down any further symptoms.
In conclusion: Is It Safe To Leave Your Humidifier Running While You Sleep?
Yes, if you take proper precautions by choosing the right location, cleaning regularly & maintaining regular use,you have nothing to worry about leaving your humidifier on while sleeping.
Sweet Dreams! ???? ????????