Ah, the age-old dilemma of how often to call your significant other. It's a question that has plagued mankind for centuries and has led to many sleepless nights and shattered hearts. But fear not! As always, we are here to provide you with some sound advice on this matter.
To Call or Not to Call
Before we delve into the nitty-gritty details of how often you should call her, let us first address whether you should be calling her at all (hint: you should). These days, texting has become the go-to method of communication in relationships, but that doesn't mean phone calls have lost their value.
In fact, a phone call can convey emotions much better than an emotionless text message. So yes, pick up your phone and give her a ring every once in awhile. Just don't overdo it.
How Often is Too Often?
Now comes the million-dollar question – how often should you actually call her? Well my friend, it depends on various factors like the stage of relationship that you're in and what kind of person she is (still no idea? Don't worry!) Here's our cheat sheet:
If things are still new between y'all then try to keep phones mostly mute aka; do not only reach out when required- because less abrupt/instinctual constantly checking up can come off as needy or clingy & scare them away from even starting something steady.
- Keep texts short & light - convos/topics beyond shared interests will come with time
- Save longer conversations for dates
- Initiate every 3 days if they haven’t got there first
So (with luck) after weeks/months together maybe earlier tbh depending upon just ‘clicking’ so well—> these might be a few good rules of thumb options.
- Initiate at least once a day - potentially multiple calls if time permits/everything clicked with past convos
- Even better if you work in some humor or cuteness but don’t force it/fake-laugh
- Consider checking in more frequently if they’ve made 1st move/there have been particularly meaningful dates/some tragedy/stressor arose within their life (but this is very situtional).
Knock-knock, moving towards dating
Perhaps the most delicate stage: when two people are getting close to becoming official. This can be an exciting yet nerve-wracking time, and one where communication is crucial. Here's what we suggest:
- Gradual consistency wins the race; Communicating nearly every day may feel tempting but keep that point until after talking about setting up exclusivity
- Remember there’s no need for your long detailed talks/listening sessions to end as things move forward
- For extra brownie points—> try asking more insightful Qs amongst regular conversation so she knows you’re paying attention.
If all goes well during this phase then talking becomes wayyy natural & somewhat unspoken; honoring each other by expressing throughout via phone will benefit relationship growth..
She has already committed herself so we hope/hopefully lol:
-Check those phones morning-night w spark timing/punctuality being balanced on both sides without one clearly obsessed -Sighting funny videos/memes? Send em over w “just saw this thought u’d enjoy” texts -On the road longer than expected or going out drinking? Make sure she knows B4 any possible regretted actions take place
The Bottom Line
So here’s something rare from us straightforwardness- There isn't a hard-and-fast rule for how often you should call her because everyone's different and every relationship requires a different level of communication. Uh-huh - we know that’s not exactly what you wanted to hear. But instead use the cheat sheet and adapt it towards your unique relationship. Be mindful, show interest & genuineness while also giving space/allowing her time to breathe aka don’t put dem calls on A-list priority every time.
And take comfort in knowing that with a little bit of effort and patience on your part <>that; u getting together is always inevitable!